» Online Users: 2

0 members and 2 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 96, 21-04-2017 at 12:33 PM.

» Database Update

Census Database Update

The following new Lawson census entries have been transcribed and will be added to the respective database in due course.
Current UK database has 55,354 names and US database 38,224 names. 

15/10 - 1910 Tennessee 185
10/10 - 1900 North Carolina 134
7/10 - 1880 Pennsylvania 170
3/10 - 1920 Virginia 171
30/9 - 1880 Georgia 146
19/9 - 1930 Kentucky 177
12/9 - 1910 Kentucky 145
9/9 - 1920 Kentucky 275
8/9 - 1910 West Virginia 158
21/8 - 1910 Kentucky 211
16/8 - 1891 Roxburgh 100
27/7 - 1900 Arkansas 135
25/7 - 1900 Missouri 143 
20/7 - 1880 Pennsylvania 156
4/6 - 1900 West Virginia 139
3/6 - 1880 Pennsylvania 167
25/5 - 1910 Tennessee 278
25/5 - 1910 West Virginia 220
16/5 - 1880 Indiana 119

» Distribution North America

The development of a page devoted entirely to North American Lawson researchers has resulted from requests received from several people for me to make available several of my database files. These files are now available for you to download from the links in the Navigation Panel but before progressing to these please read this section first. I will update them from time to time as more entries are included.

My original database files do contain personal notes including details of individual researchers which I do not wish to make public and therefore these have been excluded.

However I am always able to put you in contact with other researchers so all you need do is ask who submitted particular data. In making this information freely available to all interested Lawson researchers I would ask that in return you send me details of your own Lawson ancestors so that I can include their details in the respective files. In this way everyone benefits and by contributing your own research I am able to put you in contact with others researching the same Lawson families.

The first Lawson emigrants from Europe to North America can be documented in the early part of the 17th century when pioneers left England, Scotland and other Western European countries for The New World.

The early settlers naturally colonised the Eastern American sub-continent. The Pilgrim Fathers landed in Port Plymouth in 1620 after a 66 day sail from England. There were no Lawson families amongst those pioneers but it was not too long before the Lawson name found its way to The New World.

Research has shown that the Lawson name in North America has its roots in several European Countries. Apart from England and Scotland where the name is most commonly found, other sources have emerged, most notably emigrants from Scandinavian Countries where the original names such as Larsen has been Anglicised to Lawson.

I already have information from over 1,400 researchers of the Lawson name in America and Canada regarding the families and descendants of Lawsons who settled in The New World. Many of the names can be found in indexes such as the International Genealogical Index (IGI) which is freely available to all at Family History Centres attached to the Mormon Churches throughout the world.

Since these indexes do not include all the names which I have documented and are probably not available elsewhere I am making these available to all interested researchers. Text files of my databases can be downloaded from the records link above. However, please remember that the databases are continually being updated so you do need to check with me for the very latest information.

» Stats

Members: 2,167
Threads: 1,810
Top Poster: gerry (2,248)
Welcome to our newest member, helennapolis

» Latest News

17th October 2017

We are now away until 17th November during which time we only have limited internet access. As soon as we return we will respond to postings and other queries.

The US marriage database has been updated with additional 1890 Texas entries and now totals 30,231 records.

The Lawson US deaths database has been updated with an additional 1195 entries covering North Carolina

The UK Census database now totals 55,409 individuals and the US census database 40,015. The on-line databases will be updated in due course.

479 Tennessee Lawson births have been added to the database.

The UK Lawson wills database has been extended to include 2900 wills between 1973 and 1995. 

There is a new item on the Site Navigation Panel containing details of The Lawson Letters issues by the late Mary Alice Lawson. I have added issues from this publication which are available to senior members who have posted details of their Lawson families.

The Lawson Scottish marriages database has been extended with an additional 2481 entries and now covers male marriages between 1855-1959 and females between 1855-1939.

The Lawson Scottish births database has been updated with entries for females covering 1920-1999  with 4,323 additional names.

The Lawson Scottish births database has been updated with entries for males now covering 1855-1999  with 2,420 additional names.

The US census database has received a major update, the total now covering 38,000 Lawson names. The on-line searchable database available to those who have posted details of their Lawson family has also been updated. 

The Lawson US births database has been extended with an additional 1380 entries.

The Lawson Canadian census database has been updated and now contains 4,200 names.

The Lawson burials database has been updated with 353 records from Isle of Man

The Lawson deaths database for England and Wales has been updated with an addition 710 entries between 2007-2013

The Lawson wills database has been extended to include 1027 Scottish entries between 1876 and 1936.

The Miscellaneous baptisms database has been updated with an additional 785 entries from Lancashire.

An additional 511 entries have been added to the Lawson Wills UK database which now covers up to 1945. Additional Irish wills have also been added.

An additional 700 Lawson baptisms and marriages have been added to the on-line searchable databases covering the Isle of Man. These can be located in the UK Baptism and UK Miscellaneous Marriage databases.

The Lawson births database for England and Wales has been updated to include 1837-2006 with over 61,300 entries.

IMPORTANT UPDATE
The searchable on-line database site has changed to a different server. Please refer to the Searchable Database link in the Site Navigation Panel for the new site address.

The Lawson deaths database for England and Wales has been updated and now extends to 2005 with 41,231 entries.

A new database of Lawson deaths in USA has been added with 5,80 entries. This is available only to Senior Members who have posted some details in one of the site Forums.

An additional 3,684 new births have been added to the US database available only to Senior Members who have posted details of their Lawson families.